Thursday, October 2, 2008

Chinese Speaking - Flights to Beijing from the UK -








> Studying, Working and Living in China > Living in China
Flights to Beijing from the UK
Home New Posts

Login: Pass: Log in or register for standard view and full access.





Page 1 of 2 1 2 >






adrianlondon -

I know this isn't really a "living in China" thread but, well - without the flight, I won't be
able to live there so I'm clinging to relevance ...

I'm after a flight from London to Beijing. The price isn't bad (around £400-£500) until I put in
a stay of over a month, at which point the price jumps to around £700. Of course, there are some
cheapish options but as they usually involve at least one stop, the airport taxes then add so much
to the price that it's back to £700 before you know it.

Not only that, but I'm not sure when I want to come home, so I need a changeable return date. Ouch
- another increase in price.

I'm going to use my BNU acceptance letter to try and get an ISIC (International Student ID Card)
which may let me get a decent 12-month-open-return type price. However, they tend to be for young
students, not 37 year olds.

Any tips?



Pleco Software Learn Chinese with our Dictionaries for Palm and Pocket PC.
Learn Chinese in China Learn to speak Chinese 1MonthChinese.com -Mandarin School in China.
Chinese Textbooks Wide range, cheap, varied languages. Also Chinese cartoons, toys, gifts.
Study Chinese in Beijing Affordable Mandarin language courses at BLCU with ChinaUnipath.com.
HNHSoft Dictionary Learn Chinese on Smartphone and PDA with real person's voice.
XueXueXue IQChinese Get beyond the plateau.Take your Mandarin to a new level.
Chinese in Lijiang Short term Chinese study in a beautiful town with a focus on daily life.
MandarinTube Chinese Access to current everyday Chinese language and culture, 24/7.
Learn Chinese Homestay Chinese course, cultural activities & volunteer events in China.
Learn Chinese Online 1-on-1 instant tutoring, diverse courses, native teachers. FREE trial now!
Nihao Chinese Progam Free one-on-one Chinese lesson. Win 5-years of free lessons now!


About Ads (and how to hide them) -- Your message here









zixingche -

How about two singles? Have you tried China Travel Services in Shaftsbury Avenue? They usually
have quite good prices. If you you do get two singles, it's probably cheaper to get the China to
UK flight with a UK company.










adrianlondon -

I checked out the price of a single and it was horribly expensive.

CTS is on my list of places to check out; along with "ours travel" and some place on Charing Cross
Road.

I have my BNU paperwork now, so will go to STA Travel and hopefully get my ISIC card (yes, I know,
it's like saying PIN number, but just saying ISIC doesn't sound right) tomorrow.










ZhuJiesheng -

if you try jade travel near the pagoda in china town, as long as you are under 26 you can get a
low tariff; if you want a non-stop then you'll prob end up with air china. I got a single for 270
and I don't fly till august. I think prices went up at the end of June (summer sale ended >.<) but
it shouldnt be that much more expensive.










adrianlondon -

£270 isn't bad and I'd prefer non-stop for the speed, obviously, but also because even though
they look more expensive at first, as there's less airport tax to add on, it can work out quite
similar in price to the slower flight.

One of the things I mention in my opening post is that I'm 37. That's a bit over 26, unfortunately










ZhuJiesheng -

ah, fair enough lol. Well you don't have to worry about the airport tax at least as thats included
in the price they give you :p










Ju_de -

I have just bought my tickets to London to Beijing (return) for 415 pounds in Chinatown, which is
a student price.
I think this is a special deal which has just started.

I will be flying out at the end of August with Air China. Its valid for 12 months, and the return
date can be changed for a small admin fee (about 50 pound).

I also found a similar fare on the STA website, though I am not sure if its still available.

Adrian, I think that as long as you are a full-time student you are eligible for the ISIC card,
regardless of age. My friend used her university acceptance letter, and managed to get one.










adrianlondon -

Thanks for that - yes, I've been told I can get an ISIC even though I'm not under 26.
Unfortunately, many of the student flights say "full time students *and* under 26" which rules me
out.

You flight - a 12 month open return with a smallish change fee - is exactly what I'm after.

I went to CTS Travel on Shaftsbury Avenue yesterday and all they could offer me was Emirates for
around £470 (plus £75 change-date fee). They said that offers for September would likely be
released in a couple of weeks.

Where in China Town did you go, Ju-de? I live and work walking distance from there so can pop over
any time. I want your flight When I priced-up Air China online (for Aug or Sep outward) it came in
at £1400!










Ju_de -

Adrian, that is strange because I bought mine from CTS travel, 112A Shaftesbury Ave. I reserved
the seat on tuesday, and paid for it on thursday.

It could be that you are planning to fly out in september, whereas I'm departing at the end of
August. So you may have to wait for a few weeks to get that special offer.










adrianlondon -

hmm - are you under 26? I'll go and see them again, and ask specifically about Air China student
prices. if I have to go a few days early, so be it.












All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:19 PM.














Learn Chinese online, Learning Materials, Mandarin audio lessons, Chinese writing lessons, Chinese vocabulary lists, About chinese characters, News in Chinese, Go to China, Travel to China, Study in China, Teach in China, Dictionaries, Learn Chinese Painting, Your name in Chinese, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese songs, Chinese proverbs, Chinese poetry, Chinese tattoo, Beijing 2008 Olympics, Mandarin Phrasebook, Chinese editor, Pinyin editor, China Travel, Travel to Beijing, Travel to Tibet

No comments: