Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chinese School - Dalian University of Technology -








> Studying, Working and Living in China > Universities and Schools
Dalian University of Technology
Home New Posts

Login: Pass: Log in or register for standard view and full access.





Page 1 of 2 1 2 >






Thundercat8 -

I'm studying at DUT for a year starting in a few weeks! I was wondering if anybody else on here is
either going there this year, has been there before, or knows anything about it. I am also staying
with a local family, and am a little bit concerned that it's going to be very strict. I want to go
out and have a good time, don't want a curfew at 9pm every night for example! (of course, if I
did, I'd stick to it, don't want to insult my new family!)

谢谢啊!



Pleco Software Learn Chinese with our Dictionaries for Palm and Pocket PC.
Learn Chinese in China Learn to speak Chinese 1MonthChinese.com -Mandarin School in China.
Chinese Textbooks Wide range, cheap, varied languages. Also Chinese cartoons, toys, gifts.
Study Chinese in Beijing Affordable Mandarin language courses at BLCU with ChinaUnipath.com.
HNHSoft Dictionary Learn Chinese on Smartphone and PDA with real person's voice.
XueXueXue IQChinese Get beyond the plateau.Take your Mandarin to a new level.
Chinese in Lijiang Short term Chinese study in a beautiful town with a focus on daily life.
MandarinTube Chinese Access to current everyday Chinese language and culture, 24/7.
Learn Chinese Homestay Chinese course, cultural activities & volunteer events in China.
Learn Chinese Online 1-on-1 instant tutoring, diverse courses, native teachers. FREE trial now!
Nihao Chinese Progam Free one-on-one Chinese lesson. Win 5-years of free lessons now!


About Ads (and how to hide them) -- Your message here









mandarina -

I am going to DUT starting a one year course this fall. If you have any questions, send me a p.m.
And good luck with your new family!










gato -

Go ahead and ask the questions here so others can see as well.










Kristyx -

I know a teacher from DUT and she's a great teacher. If the other teachers are of the same quality
you won't have any worries in terms of classes. That alone should put your mind at ease a little.










Thundercat8 -

I'm sure the classes will be fantastic at DUT, as it's quite an established course for teaching
foreigners as far as I'm aware. I wanted to go somewhere a little more original than Beijing or
Shanghai, and as I've already spent 6 months in Yunnan province, I decided Dalian was the place to
be. I've never been before, so it's a little daunting that I've chosen somewhere to live for a
year based on it's geographical location! Plus, I love being near the sea!!! (I live on an
island...)

I've been told the classes are 8am - midday Monday - Friday, and that we can also learn other
things in the afternoon. What kind of other courses can we do? Although I'd be rubbish at it, I
would like to learn calligraphy. It's so beautiful!

What is Dalian like in terms of number of foreigners? I want to fully immerse myself in Chinese
culture, and hope I don't get caught up in a maelstrom of ex-pats. Surely I can resist the urge, I
just wondered what it was like in Dalian.

Does anyone know how we pay the tuition fees? In the email, it says I need to pay 13000Y or
something like that, which is around £1000. Quite a lot to be carrying around in cash on my first
day! Do I have to pay on the first day in cash, or do they accept cheques or cards?

Anyway, I really can't wait to go (under 2 weeks!) and as I'm not going with any classmates, I
would love to get to know some people before i get there. Please feel free to send me a message
and we can talk on MSN or something.

Thank you all.










gato -

A bunch of old threads on Dalian:

http://www. /showth...ghlight=dalian
DUFL/Dalian possible Beijing Move

http://www. /showth...ghlight=dalian
Which 2nd tier city to study in?

http://www. /showth...ghlight=dalian
Liaoning Shifan Daxue - Dalian, China

http://www. /showth...ghlight=dalian
Dalian

http://www. /showth...ghlight=dalian
Dalian Language Inst (Dawai) vs Dalian Tech vs Beijing










Thundercat8 -

Hey all. I am in Dalian now, and going to register next week. A little bit nervous about being
here on my own, so if anybody would like to meet up, that'd be awesome!










mandarina -

Hey. I'll be coming to Dalian on Wednesday, so we could met up. Until then, keep your head up. And
tell me, what's your first impression about Dalian?










Thundercat8 -

Excellent, it will be great to meet up with you! I don't know where you will be living, though I
assume it'll be near the University. I have a Chinese mobile number I could give you on a private
message, or we could just agree on a central location and time? Whatever, I'm easy I really like
Dalian actually, it's a very modern, shiny, buzzing city, which is clean, pretty and impressive.
Very Chinese actually, I was expecting it to be more Russian/Japanese like all the guidebooks say,
but it's definitely a Chinese city!! Anyway, best of luck for your journey. Oh, and I'm certainly
keeping my head up. Don't want to miss a thing!!










nairbv -

I arrived here in dalian today from beijing, and it looks like i'll be studying at DUT. see you
all soon.

-brian












All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:00 PM.














Learning Materials, Mandarin audio lessons, Chinese writing lessons, Chinese vocabulary lists, About chinese characters, News in Chinese, Go to China, Travel to China, Study in China, Teach in China, Dictionaries, Learn Chinese Painting, Your name in Chinese, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese songs, Chinese proverbs, Chinese poetry, Chinese tattoo, Beijing 2008 Olympics, Mandarin Phrasebook, Chinese editor, Pinyin editor, China Travel, Travel to Beijing, Travel to Tibet

No comments: